Support » Plugin: Gravity Forms Entries in Excel » Certain characters are not rendered properly

  • Resolved mdanielpk

    (@mdanielpk)


    Hey,

    I LOVE the plugin. It’s far more organized and prettier than the default gravityforms export option. However, i do have an issue.

    Certain characters and even currencies are not being displayed properly. For example: the character & is being rendered as just a code & amp; and for the currency i’m using Malaysian Ringgit and is being displayed as “& #082; & #077;” instead of “RM”.

    I understand we can replace these codes with the actual character, but i would like to know if there’s a way to have it displayed properly from the start?

    Thanks a bunch 😀

    P.S. The codes are being rendered here, so i added spaces to them.

    • This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by mdanielpk.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by mdanielpk.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by mdanielpk.
Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Plugin Author Doeke Norg

    (@doekenorg)

    Hey @mdanielpk,

    Thanks for the compliments! Awesome to hear.

    Let me look into this. In the mean time; Could you maybe provide with the usual suspects? Versions of php, gravity forms and my plugin?

    Thanks!

    Thanks for getting back to me SO FAST.

    PHP: 5.6.36
    WP: 4.9.7
    GF: 2.3.3.2
    Plugin: 1.5.2

    Plugin Author Doeke Norg

    (@doekenorg)

    I have a temporary solution, which I will update in the plugin in the appropriate place 🙂

    For now this should be sufficient for you. Add this to your functions.php

    add_filter('gfexcel_field_value',function($value) {
       return html_entity_decode($value);
    });

    Like I said, this is temporary. I will patch this in the next release. So then you can remove it again.

    I found that this especially happends on select fields (either regular, or product fields). Did you find any other fields? Please let me know. And also let me know if this helps you out.

    Thanks!

    Hey,

    Yeah, this happens on product fields. Though i’m still unsure why the “&” character gets messed up.

    It did sort the issue, but brought on 2 other issues (ouch):

    1) Tables not as pretty as before
    2) Table data is either a step forward or a step behind from it’s appropirate label. Meaning, if i have (name, email, phone number) the data will have numbers under (name) and or emails under (phone number).

    Here are the screenshots:

    Filter OFF
    Filter ON

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by mdanielpk.
    Plugin Author Doeke Norg

    (@doekenorg)

    Hi @mdanielpk,

    That is very very weird. Could you send me an export of form (without data of course) to wordpress@doeken.org?

    Then I can try to figure out a bit better why this is happening. My testform didn’t have this issue. So i’m probably missing some edge case here 🙂

    Thanks!

    Hey Doeke,

    Form without data? meaning just the headings? sorry, i’m a bit lost xD

    Plugin Author Doeke Norg

    (@doekenorg)

    Gravity forms has an option of importing/exporting forms. You can choose a form, and select the option to NOT include data. Dit produces a xml/json? (not sure) . But you can send me that file.

    I can then import that file, so i get the exact same form you have. Makes testing more efficient.

    My god…i was viewing the entries export section 🙁 alright, emailed you the file.

    Thanks a lot for doing this, and good luck 😀

    Plugin Author Doeke Norg

    (@doekenorg)

    Hi @mdanielpk,

    Thanks for sharing the form. It gave me exactly what I needed to know.

    The update you need to preform (again, just for now) is:

    add_filter('gfexcel_field_value', function ($value) {
        if (is_array($value)) {
            return array_map('html_entity_decode', $value);
        }
        return html_entity_decode($value);
    });

    Problem was that the filter received an array, and mapped it to a single value, so that caused the shift in columns. It thought it had multiple columns, but received only one value.

    Please let me know if this helped! (I only tried it with one entry, but the problem was apparent, but if you have more problems, try and enable debug mode, and send the error too). Thanks!

    You’ve nailed it! 😀 awesome job. It now displays perfectly.

    Off topic: using the address splitter filter on my forms results in the tables not being as pretty and spacious as before. It basically makes it go to how when i had the issue earlier minus the missing characters.

    Please let me know if it’s best to start a new topic for this.

    Plugin Author Doeke Norg

    (@doekenorg)

    Yeah. there is some stuff missing. Already fixed. Will be in the next release. But every field is supposed to be as large as the input is. Other spacing is probably inherit to a problem with the output. So minimal spacing, but enough for the content is how it is intended to be.

    Yup, the spacing is actually a perfect fit for the content.

    Thanks a lot, and if there’s any way i can support, please do let me know 😀

    Plugin Author Doeke Norg

    (@doekenorg)

    Thanks! You can always leave a nice review 😀. And if you want to buy me a beer, there is a PayPal donate link. But it’s up to you. Enjoy the plugin and the coming updates.

    Of course i will 😀 you deserve it! I look forward to the new updates!

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Certain characters are not rendered properly’ is closed to new replies.