I am trying to port a site from Centos 5.1 to Windows 2008 Server Std. Thus far I have done the following in attaining this goal and the point at which I am stuck. Thanks everyone in advance for your time and effort.
STEPS TAKEN THUS FAR
1) Windows 2008 is running as a Virtual Machine with Web Matrix installed.
2) Using Web Matrix, Word Press, MYSQL and PHP were installed. (Additionally MYSQL Workbench was installed.)
3) I restored the database from a flat file dump to the windows server mysql and recreated the database connectivity user with proper password.
4) I copied all the site files that were under public_html on the cent os server into c:\inetpub\wwwroot\site1\
5) I setup the website in IIS on with the root directory being site1 as well as an application below the site based on that same directory.
6) I edited the database to reflect the new temp url. (this is what brought the)
query = select * from wp_options where option_name = 'siteurl';
results = '2', '0', 'siteurl', 'http://www.domainname.com/', 'yes'
set option_value = 'http://10.10.10.10/site1/’
where option_id = 2; (id 2(siteURL) and 38(home) )
WHAT DOES WORK
The wp-admin portion of the site works. But the site does not.
So it I go to http://localhost/site1/wp-admin i am able to login to the
WHAT DOESN’T WORK
The site itself.
Error = 500 page does not exist.
I am thinking for whatever reason the index.php that should initiate the site (located in c:\inetput\wwwroot\site) directory either does not run because I still need to change a path somewhere to reflect its new location or
URL rewriting is gumming up the works. I have disabled the all in one SEO Pack (although it still has the deactivate link which may mean I may need to find the config file and manually change it – Does anyone know where that is?)
Looking forward to everyone’s thoughts. Thanks.