Support » Plugin: WooCommerce » Category problem after upgrading to 3.1

  • Resolved df9517

    (@df9517)


    Efter the upgrade, empty categories which have subcategories dont work. If I check the category page in woocommerce backend it will list all categories until the first above mentioned catebory (empty which have a sub category). No more categories are listed after that. Also on product pages, only categories until the first “problem-category” are listed. Same problem in menu editing.

    Hard links to empty categories with subcategories dont work.
    Hard links to all other category pages works which means all still exists.

    Is this a known problem?

    • This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by df9517.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by df9517.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by df9517.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author Mike Jolley

    (@mikejolley)

    I’m not 100% sure what you mean. Can you provide some screenshots or something to better explain what you’re seeing?

    Thread Starter df9517

    (@df9517)

    Sure. check below screenshots listing my categories.


    It says I have 57 categories but only lists a few unitl the first “corrupt” category comes and after that no more are listed.

    I believe I have two categories that does not work in some way. the reason I think so is because the link gives a 404. And I cant delete them since I can’t see them. Both have no products but holds subcategories.

    1) https://www.batbike.se/product-category/tillbehor/
    2) https://www.batbike.se/product-category/reservdelar/

    I believe this happened after upgrade to 3.1.

    Can I delete a category manually in the database? Maybe that will fix the problem. Will that screw up all subcategories?

    • This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by df9517.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by df9517.
    Thread Starter df9517

    (@df9517)

    First I would like to tell you that this might have been false alarm.

    I checked the database and found that two categories was missing. All categories haveing those two categories as parent wasn’t listed because of that.

    I fixed the problem by creating two new categories and assigning all categopries to these new ones directly in the database and the problems were solved.

    Now I feel embarresed. Probably this was caused by a cleaning plugin I ran the other day about the time of the update. That cleaning plugin probably thought that empty categories could be deleted.

    3.1 seems OK for me. Sorry!

    • This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by df9517.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Category problem after upgrading to 3.1’ is closed to new replies.