• Resolved Luca Grandicelli

    (@lucagrandicelli)


    Hello and first of all thank you for this amazing plugin.
    I’ve set up a category mapping (italian to english) than later delete it. Then i’ve created another one (with a different name) but at the moment of choosing it within the feed fields assignments, i still see the old one which obviously outputs nothing. Is there any “transient” option to clean up?

    I’ve also tried to create a new feed but in the drop down select i still see the old category mapping name.

    Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Plugin Support C S Sultan

    (@sultan00rextheme)

    Hi @lucagrandicelli , you just have to clear the plugin cache.

    Simply go to Dashboard > Product feed > Settings.
    Here go to the Controls tab and click on the Purge cache button.

    Now you should be able to get the updated data.

    Let me know if you face further issues.

    Thanks.

    Thread Starter Luca Grandicelli

    (@lucagrandicelli)

    Thanks, that worked.
    Unfortunately, altough i set up the correct mapping between my product categories and Google’s, the XML node is always empty like so: <g:google_product_category/>

    I am using WPML and i generated this feed being in the language i want it to be (no problem with the products though).

    Any suggestions?

    Plugin Support C S Sultan

    (@sultan00rextheme)

    Hi, can you take screenshots of the feed settings you set up and email them to us? Once we take a look, we can understand what might have caused this issue.

    Thanks.

    Thread Starter Luca Grandicelli

    (@lucagrandicelli)

    Sure. Email sent.

    Plugin Support C S Sultan

    (@sultan00rextheme)

    Hi @lucagrandicelli , as I mentioned in the e-mail, we have tried to find a similar case on our test servers but we couldn’t find a similar case.

    So right now you can submit separate feeds with static values for the Google category, or you may provide us with a staging or sandbox site with a similar case where we can observe and detect the exact reason for this.

    Thanks.

    Thread Starter Luca Grandicelli

    (@lucagrandicelli)

    I apologize for the massive delay of my response. Still not working but i found out some problems with the WPML plugin and category mapping, so i think it is something related.

    Problem N1 – How to reproduce.
    1. Woocommerce + WPML + WPML for Woocommerce + Your plugin.
    2. Switch to the default language and create a category mapping called “PMAP Italian” and associate Google categories.
    3. Switch to the other language (english), create a category mapping called “PMAP English” and associate Google categories.
    4. When in the “english side”, i still can see the “PMAP Italian”: if i try to edit it, no changes are saved. Only if i switch back to the italian language (which let me see the PMAP english though), i can definteley edit it.

    I think it would be better not to show category mappings created in another language which is not the current one when using WPML.

    Problem N2 – How to reproduce.
    1. Given the Problem N1 Set up, create a new feed called “test” in the italian language (default values/Google Shopping Channel), and associate the “GMAP Italian” category mapping.
    2. No value is printed out in the XML feed under the Google Category node.

    I’m actually asking for authorization in giving out the site credentials. In the meantime, let me know if you can reproduce these issues.

    Thanks a lot!

    Plugin Support C S Sultan

    (@sultan00rextheme)

    Hi @lucagrandicelli , thanks for explaining. We will work on reproducing these cases and try to find a solution.

    ​I will inform you of our findings soon.

    ​Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Category Mapping failed to load’ is closed to new replies.