category listing not aavailable on post edit page
new blog, but in post edit page there is no “categories” or “tags” listing or data entry points.
Post comes up as “uncategorized”. Have placed wanted category listing in the categories section but it does not change the post cat.
Would this be fixed by a re-instal of WP?? – not sure what I might mess up if I do.
Have you tried:
– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
– switching to the Twenty Eleven theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.
– re-uploading the wp-admin and wp-includes folders from a fresh download of WordPress.
So you have created post categories correct? Have you changed the post category within the post? Or is that still set as uncategorized?
There are no tags listing,you should add them for the post.
And the categories too,you should add new categories,it is only one category”uncategorized” by default.
Thank you all for your responses. Apologies for the slow return, but the checking has taken time.
I tried to deactivate all plugins using the “select all” and “deactivate” but came up with a requirement to change the permissions setting of wp-content to 777. This I have done. I did try uninstalling one plugin at a time, first, but no category change.
I have deactivated plugins, switched to Twenty Eleven theme ( and back to Socrates), reloaded the wp-admin and wp-includes folder from a fresh download of wp3.3.1. No change
Unsure as to how I should reset the plugins folder – ???
I have created the required category using the Category link in the Dashboard column at the outset, and I still do not have any means of changing the post category.
There are 10 tags attached to the post
I am fresh out of ideas.
The post itself ‘http://moneyproblemssolutions.org/wazzup-doc’ has listing of Categories, but not the new one I want to use.
Appreciate your interest and help.
- The topic ‘category listing not aavailable on post edit page’ is closed to new replies.