[resolved] Category links broken with language change (4 posts)

  1. AnnieInItaly
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I followed the instructions here: wcdocs.woothemes.com/user-guide/localization/ to put my WooCommerce in Italian, and it screwed up my categories. If I click on 'shop', it brings up my categories, but when I click on the categories it gives a 'page not found' message. Also, if I click on a category in my dropdown menu, it doesn't bring me to the category but a random product within the category.

    I'm not running WPML because I only need it to be on one language (Italian), all I did (if I remember correctly) was follow the instructions in the link above.

    How do I fix it so my categories work? Do I need to recreate all of my categories? I hate to do that because I don't want to have to come up with an alternative name for everything.

    Sorry I'm not providing a link, I have an 'under construction' sign up so there wouldn't be anything you can see


  2. AnnieInItaly
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Please help! Anyone?

  3. ManusH
    Posted 3 years ago #

    In some cases, after such changes it is needed to "SAVE" Woocommerce Settings although you don't make any changes in the settings.

    Just go to Admin-Dashboard >> WooCommerce >> Settings
    and hit "SAVE CHANGES".

    I also used WooCommerce in another language (other than English) myself, and everytime I changed the localization file or delete it completely in order to see/check the site in English, I had to SAVE first and that works.

    That is basically becuse of those "category" and "shop" slugs are translatable and have to change/renew/refresh after the language change...

  4. AnnieInItaly
    Posted 3 years ago #

    It worked! Thank you!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • WooCommerce
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic