Support » Plugin: Mapster WP Maps » Category Filter Bug (on V1.2.6 and up)

  • Resolved svenebens

    (@svenebens)


    Hello,

    First of thanks for this great plugin, have been using it for a while now and it’s been great. However lately some of my clients complained about the “category filtering” system not working anymore, eg. clicking on one of the filters/checkboxes just removes all locations from the map (whether or not they actually are part of that category) and they won’t return until you refresh the page.

    The weird thing is, it works fine while editing the map in the backend (wp-admin>maps>maps>edit), but not on the frontend (added with a shortcode on an Elementor based page). But I remember it used to work just fine on both.

    So I tried figuring out what was wrong and found out rolling the plugin back to V1.2.5 fixed the problem (tried V1.2.9 and V1.2.6 as well but they had the same problem), so I have rolled the plugin back, on all my client’s websites for now.
    Eg. as you can see on this page https://www.ozhw.nl/over-ons/ the filter works fine with the plugin rolled back to V1.2.5.

    For more testing I also installed the plugin on a test domain and set up a similar map (+ locations and categories) to test with the newest version of the plugin (V1.2.10), which you can find here https://test.se-d.nl/mapster-test/.
    And indeed this one seems to be broken again, removing all locations from the map whenever a category filter is clicked.

    I am guessing some bug got introduced somewhere between V1.2.5 and V1.2.6 that caused this.

    Hopefully, this can be resolved in future versions!

    Best Regards,
    Sven

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plugin Author mapster

    (@mapster)

    Thank you for the kind words and the careful bug report! We will be jumping on this as soon as we can, and probably push a fix in the next 1-2 days. We’ll update this thread when we do.

    Thread Starter svenebens

    (@svenebens)

    Thank you for your quick response!
    Will be following the thread for the update.

    Plugin Author mapster

    (@mapster)

    Hello again Sven! I’m not 100% confident that I fixed this, but I did fix a bug in the category filter in a latest internal version. If possible, I’d like to send you a beta version of the plugin so you can give it a shot to see if it resolves the issue on your test site? If not, I’ll do some more rigorous testing. If that’s OK, please email me at victor@mapster.me and I can send you that version.

    Thread Starter svenebens

    (@svenebens)

    Hi!

    Sorry was out of the office yesterday.

    Good to hear you most likely have it fixed and yes I can try it out on the test domain, that’s no problem. I will send you a mail, so you can send the beta zip.

    Thanks for the work you have put in!

    Thread Starter svenebens

    (@svenebens)

    Awesome it works!

    I installed/upgraded the v1.2.10 plugin on my test domain to the v1.2.11 beta version that was mailed to me and the bug is indeed gone.

    As you can see at https://test.se-d.nl/mapster-test/ the category filter works as intended again, on this version. Haven’t walked into any other issues with this version either, so I think it should be good to go.

    Thanks again for taking the time and fixing it!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.