Categories Not Working After 3.1 upgrade
Do you have the Simple Tags plugin installed? Deactivate it and you should be good to go.
Have you tried:
– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem? If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
– switching to the default theme to rule out any theme-specific problems?
– Try re-saving your permalink structure at Settings/Permalinks in your admin panel. If WordPress cannot automatically edit the .htaccess file, it will provide manual instructions after saving.
This happened to me also. I disabled all plugins and still had the issue. My theme developer says that he has tested it fully in 3.1 and it works well. So, I’m up crap creek. Feels like I can’t do any critical updates as things stand.
I ended up reverting to 3.0 and the issue was resolved, incidentally. I am now scared to update.
Yes. It works now. Thank you!!!! Do you understand the problem with Simple Tags? I really like this plugin. It allows me to mass edit terms.
To mass edit, do I have to activate Simple Tags and then deactivate it afterwards? Or is there a better solution?
Found another solution.
With the plugin activated, uncheck ( Active tags for page ) and everything will be ok.
I was facing same problem. Deactivating Simple Tags plugin has solved the problem.
It worked for me now, too. After the revert, I disabled simple tags before doing the upgrade. No issues! Whew. I like the new updates, by the way. The front-end interface is worth a million bucks.
This is probably a dumb question. But where is “Active Tags for page”? I’ve activated the plugin, but I’m can’t find this setting.
I found it. All is well. Thank you again!! That’s great.
Yes, thank God I found this thread. Should be hitting blogs with this, as I’m sure others experienced this and are near tears.
I hate to cross-post this, but FYI – the problem doesn’t seem to be my plugins. Deactivating all my plugins still leaves my category pages unreachable. If I change that setting in Simple Tags my category pages are completely broken. Same problem with my plugins deactivated.
– re-uploading the wp-admin and wp-includes folders from a fresh download of WordPress
– renaming the .htaccess file or removing it from the server after taking a backup of the .htaccess file.
With NO plug-ins active and .htaccess recreated, the ONLY way my Categories and Tags (and lists thereof) will work IS with the DEFAULT permalink structure. This, of course, propagates irreparable linkback issues. It’s a very temporary workaround.
Further, setting the optional Category and Tag permalinks has no impact. It’s this is the same situation on THREE installations … two are MU activated.
In searching for a solution, I’ve found over 100 posts about this issue … on wp and elsewhere. That means at least 1000 people have the problem and are reading comments from others.
I can imagine many people getting scared about upgrading after this ordeal.
I don’t ever recall a single upgrade creating the exact same MAJOR pblm for so many folks. Is there a hotfix for this calamity?
- The topic ‘Categories Not Working After 3.1 upgrade’ is closed to new replies.