I run a wordpress blog on my site http://www.gundog-training4u.co.uk/blog/ , but recently I’ve decided to use wordpress for a new site. My current site is coded by my designers with me managing the CMS system/design layout.. I’m looking at designing the new site with wordpress myself so I’m reading up and in the process I’ve noticed I may be making mistakes in my categories. So I’d like to see if anyone can help with my questions so my site is optimised correctly and not trash by search engines.
1. How many words is recommended for the category title?
2. If I change the slugs what is recommended, can I add area specifics i.e towns and how many should I limit it too?
3. Can I write too much?
4. I know google looks at the category title, but if i have a generic title with various words in the slug with the look at slugs or should I create more title?
5. Should you write an description for the categories?
Thank you in advance
- The topic ‘Categories help!’ is closed to new replies.