I'm having loads of problem with my wordpress blog.
The problem that I am having is that every new blog I write, I am unable to assign a category to it. Neither creating a new category, nor using a most used category works. You can add one or select one but as soon as you update the post it reverts to the "uncatergorized" default.
On the categories page within the admin dashboard, there also appears to be no categories but a they are there when you look at the most used categories when trying to add them to a post.
The weird thing is that tags are still working fine. Which is really odd.
I have trawled the forum and can't find anything relevant, apologies if I've missed something.
Things I have tried:
1. Deactivated all plugins
2. Reset/changed the permalinks
3. Reverted to default theme
4. Renamed the plugins folder to make sure none of them were active
5. replaced the wp-admin folder for my install
6. replaced the wp-includes folder for my install
7. I've tried a mixture of all of the above as well
8. I also checked the htaccess file and there's no mention of categories in there
I'm really hoping I don't have to do a complete WP reinstall.
The blog is at http://hollynicol.co.uk
Thanks for your help.