[Resolved] CataBlog Bug Reports
Please post any bugs you find in CataBlog here. This is meant only for bug reports, their are other CataBlog topics & discussions if you do not have a bug report. Please look through them first. Try to be as specific as possible in describing a way to reproduce the bug. Also make sure to give your browser and operating system with versions, and a url to an example of the bug if you can. Thanks
A bug in the admin-export template file was found, some configurations of PHP will read the first line as a PHP command and not an xml file declaration. To remedy this I will wrap the line of xml code into a PHP echo command. This will be released in 0.9.1
There is a bug in CataBlog 0.9.1 that might cause page failures. Please upgrade immediately to version 0.9.2. Version 0.9.1 should be considered a dead version and never used.
There is a small issue with the title in the lightbox not showing.
And since the update browsing the lightbox (clicking next or previous) is not properly working. Sometimes it ‘hangs’ and I need to close the lightbox. I am using firefox.
The “Buy Now” button shows for all catalog items, even once with a price of zero. This is a new bug in version 0.9.2. The planned fix will include a second text box of code in the view panel for the “Buy Now” button. That code will only be rendered if the price of the catalog item is above zero. The other less safe option would be to evaluate the layout code in PHP and let user’s enter their own PHP tags in the view code. While this is a more flexible option, it also is more dangerous because the plugin would be evaluating user input code. Unless there is a lot of people who want the code evaluation I will be making a second box.
There is also something that changed since the update to 0.9.2 which I did not notice at first: the paragraphs in my items’ description are gone 🙁
My guess is that the hard returns are showing in the description text area on the admin edit item page but not on the actual blog page you inserted CataBlog into. Well Just one more little fix, seriously this one was simple, for the upcoming release. Thanks for the heads up. Cheers!
Updated to 0.9.3 and works fine now. Conditional Paypal button as well!
Thank you very much for your full support.
I think this is a bug with thumbnails. There is a problem, or appears to be, if there is an apostrophe in the item title – the thumbnail refuses to show. For instance: “The Case of the Cygnet’s Kiss” results in a thumnail “the-case-of-the-cygnet%e2%80%99s-kiss-1288411936.jpg”, which appears to be unreadable.
First off, thank you for your bug report, I appreciated the time taken to help make CataBlog a better plugin. I found the issue, fixed it, and now the new version (0.9.5) does not have problems when you enter an apostrophe into an item’s title. Thanks again and if you upgrade please read my blog posting about the steps required.
I am afraid I will be annoying you again with my catablog issue.
I followed the procedure and exported my database before upgrading. But impossible to import it now. I get an ’empty’ import console screen. What’s next ? Shall I email you the xml somehwere ?
Thanks for responding, Zach. I found the same thing happened with dashes. I have, however, had a problem with the upgrade suggested. Although, yes, I get the red warning but when I go to the options page and click export nothing happens.
For the meantime I’ve gone back to the earlier version of Catablog.
I like the blog in a lot and I’m sure this blip will get sorted.
Thanks for your questions and votes of confidence in finding fixes.
if you could email me the XML export file at firstname.lastname@example.org I will take a look and try importing it myself to see what I get. Thanks
I am not sure why the export button is not working for you? Does a file download at all? If so what are the contents of the file? If the file does not download what version of CataBlog are you upgrading from? Does FireBug or any other web console/debug tool display a message or anything when you try to export?
Thanks again guys, look forward to helping you out.
Version 0.9.6 has a syntax error in it that stops it from being activated, I have fixed this bug in version 0.9.6.1. Please avoid CataBlog 0.9.6. Thanks
Zach & all,
The new version is working fine except for the filter. I can only get [catablog] to display everything. When I try to use [catablog tag=Light] for example I get no data. Light is a category in the new version.
Can you please try using the updated shortcode syntax since version 0.9.5, which is [catablog category=”Light”] and see if that helps. If it still doesn’t work can you please email me your WordPress and server information, like versions, os, php extensions, other plugins and anything else you can think of at email@example.com.
Hope that fixes it,
- The topic ‘[Resolved] CataBlog Bug Reports’ is closed to new replies.