Case Study URL: http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/
(note: site is dedicated to warning people against JW. It is not an advocate of JW. I’m not affiliated to this website, I merely saw the webmaster’s posting on WordPress Support forum, and was fascinated by such a well-designed site)
This site has everything (except for a photogallery) I would have hoped for in my own WordPressed site. As i list its features down below, perhaps any one of you could reply to any or every of them by stating or suggesting how i could achieve that feature…thanks!
1) The header! It moves! It looks like a flash header, and the right portion of it changes accordingly to the categories. The logo of the site on the left glows and blinks upon mouse hovering. Super cool.
2) On the main body, the heading has a static section, “about this site” and “news from the net”, which is constantly updating, via some plugins i suppose.
3) Look at its guestbook. It is so simple. Yet i do not know how to make one.
4) Notice that every image he quoted on each posting has a standard picture frame with drop shadow and of the same size. I wonder if he manually edited each image in PS before he uploaded them, or he’s using certain plugins to automate that action….
5) another neat feature: the web directory (not sure if that’s the correct term). What i mean is this: in my own WordPress site (by default), whenever i create something, say a post or a page a category a link, WP will naturally give it a directory ending with ” /?(something)=(number) “. That is not cool. Look at this case study, every link in it has a defined and neat web directory, ie, the link “Guest Book” has this url “http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/index.php/guestbook/”. If i would create a Page and name it Guest Book, it will turn out with this url, “giolovesgod.com/?p=a number”. I’ve seen many WordPress site having this feature, i would love to implement this too. Adivice? Solution?
6) The theme, as admitted by the author, is heavily modified from kubrick. and he doesnt plan to realise it publicly. How sad. Anyone knows how to build one similar to this?
Haha, i know i’m asking a lot. And i don’t expect answers for all of them. But just shoot, no matter how little or inaccurate you think you might be. I value any advice and opinions. Let’s share and learn, cheers.
- The topic ‘Case Study on a very Good WordPress site’ is closed to new replies.