Can't upload or change theme.
Using localhost Linux CenTos 6
I’ve been reading about solutions to this problem for about a week and have found no solution to the issue. Every time I try to install a theme or upload I get this message:
“Unable to create directory wp-content/uploads. Is its parent directory writable by the server?”
Solutions I’ve tried that have not worked:
1. Changing all permissions to 777.
2. Changing group\owner to both root and apache.
3. Adding the uploads folder through FTP.
4. Changed the Setting>Media option of Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders to be unchecked.
5. Installing manually through FTP.
Also something I now have noticed. At one point I tried using an older version of wordpress which came with different default themes. After removing everything and doing a fresh install of the newest rec version the old themes still appear and can be activated. However, when looking into my FTP client the folders for these themes are not in wp-content.
I cannot see any other wordpress directories on my local host through FTP so I’m not sure why it would do this.
I really hope I can get this issue fixed. It’s to the point where I’m pulling my hair out.
- The topic ‘Can't upload or change theme.’ is closed to new replies.