[Resolved] Can’t seem to enable “add comment” on pages
I though this might be a theme-related problem but now I’m not sure…
On the ‘fixed’ pages of my blog (the ones that I believe use the page.php template) I am unable to add a box for people to comment below the page content.
1. I encountered this using my theme of Preference, Galactica – but I changed the theme via the dashboard back to the default WordPress 1.6 one and I experienced the same problem – no “add comment” box.
2. On the Settings/Discussion page “Allow people to post comments on new articles” is enabled.
3. On ‘Edit Page’ for each of the fixed pages that I’m having this problem with “Allow Comments” is checked. (Ultimately I will uncheck some, but I need to fix this first!)
4. I have tried unchecking/updating/reloading/checking again/updating/reloading the checkbox in point 3 above, in case it needed a nudge.
5. The “add comments” box is appearing exactly as it should for ‘normal’ blog entries – just not the ‘fixed pages’.
So… how can I enable the facility to add comments to these pages? All help greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Can’t seem to enable “add comment” on pages’ is closed to new replies.