I've spent all last night trying to figure this one out and np luck so far. I would appreciate your help in this matter.
when I edit an existing page and go to "update" it thinks for a while and then I get "internet explorer can't open this page" Same happens in Chrome and Firefox.
Somehow it did allow me to update the page just once when I just changed 2 numbers, but since then I keep getting nowhere.
I tried the fix I found for an older version with the .htaccess file: "If you do not have an .htaccess in your wp-admin/ directory:
- create a text file on your desktop:
- put the following inside it:
- save the file (you could name it htaccess.txt, for example)
- upload the file to your wp-admin directory
- rename the uploaded file to .htaccess (with the . in front and remove .txt)"
but that didn't fix the problem. I don't see anything else on this issue anywhere so really lost and frustrated at this point.