Support » Plugin: Better Search Replace » can't replace domain / sub-folder url

  • Hi,

    as i mentioned in another post regarding visual builder / page builder plugins, i have the following issue:

    i moved my demo page to a new staging server.

    to old url was (as an example):

    installed here:

    http://example.de/demo/my-wordpress/

    the new address is:

    http://new.domain.com/

    i used “duplicator pro” to move the whole installation which worked so far.
    But it didn’t changed some url’s which are placed, for example, on some buttons which i created with “visual composer”.

    So, i was testing your plugin to replace any string like this:
    replace:
    example.de/demo/my-wordpress/
    with
    new.domain.com/

    But “better search & replace” can’t find any informations in the tables.

    i tried to just search for:

    domain.de

    and this brings up a lot of results, mostly on wp_posts tables.

    But it don’t work with the whole url…

    if i search for “domain.de/demo/” the results shrinks from over 270 to 6 hits.
    if i search for “domain.de/demo/my-wordpress/ it’s zero …

    does this have something to do with the slash “/” ?

    What can i do to get this working..?

    i would appreciate any help,

    thanks
    regards

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/better-search-replace/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author Matt Shaw

    (@mattshaw)

    Hi,

    Can you see if the following string format turns back any more hits?
    domain.de\/demo\/my-wordpress

    If that doesn’t help, please shoot an email over to support@expandedfronts.com so we can look into this further. Thanks!

    nope..no changes… i will drop a message.

    thanks.

    Thanks You!!

    domain.de\/demo\/my-wordpress

    I have been having issues with a “page builder” and BackupBuddy not changing the full URL paths when I used a /folder like mentioned above. I found generic workarounds, but have been trying to find a real fix for months. Finally found this thread, added the \/ between folders in the path inside your plugin and BAM, worked like a charm.

    Thanks again!!!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘can't replace domain / sub-folder url’ is closed to new replies.