Most likely an ajax issue. Try an other option on Adanced settings -> System -> I -> Item 5 Ajax method
If you supply a link i can investigate on it
Thanks, that fixed my problem…
Hello, I’ve recently had the same problem and I’ve already tried to change Ajax. Unfortunately without success.
The link to my page is
It would be nice if you could help me.
@olpi You have a different problem. You have probably an ‘optimizing’ plugin feature active that disturbs the normal loading of the jQuery library (jquery-core-js).
Probably it is merged with other libraies, but loading this standard library as it is, triggers the initialisation of wppa scripts.
So avoid combining already compressed js libs.
Many thanks for the quick response. I have not activated any optimizing plugin function. Until a week ago I was still uploading pictures and checking the functionality. Is there a limit to the number of images in the plugin? There are over 1000 pictures in the albums. I can’t get any further at the moment. What else can I do?
As i can see in the page source, you have ‘all in one seo’ active.
Maybe this plugin has a tool to compress or combine several js file.
If not, find another plugin that does so.
The source should have someting like:
This line triggers loading of the wppa js initalisations
I checked for a long time yesterday and finally deactivated the All in one Seo plugin and the WP-Optimize plugin. However, the photo album did not work. My considerations are to export the pictures and albums and to reinstall the photo album for testing and to import the albums and pictures. would this work? Because I already had the plugin on it before and it worked. Maybe something was changed by an update.
I can provide you a temp workaround, but it will have code that is not permitted by the wp boys. Namely putting the js inits in a <script> tag in the header. I used to do that before, but, as i said, i had to change it.
It’s nice of you to offer me this, but if it’s not what you want then don’t. Then I have to find another way like just exporting and importing and hope this works.
I opened a thread on the developers forum, read it and you will undertand the issue and why it used to work.
I found a solution that will most likely work and is safe to do.
Please re-install the plugin from a fresh download because i patched it in the release version.
Just de-activate and delete the plugin and re-install as if it is a new plugin.
Hooray, hooray, it’s working again. The pictures are there again after I have imported them again.
Thank you very much
Best regards from the Baltic Sea