I'm having the same issues that have been reported by so many others, yet can't seem to find a fix for mine. May be related to the location of domain on server?
The issue is that after uploading files to server on a new install of WP 2.6.2, I'm able to get to the installation url, enter blog title & pw,and get to the login screen. At that point entering login & pw just returns me to the same login screen. However, I was able to successfully login from a separate pc. I know - sounds like a cookie issue, but...
I already have one blog (mydomain.com/blog) that's been going fine for the last month - no issues there. The mydomain.com index file is in the root directory. I bought 2 domains from the same hosting company, and directed them to home directories in the root (/newdomain1, /newdomain2). Installed WP2.6 files in /newdomain1 and /newdomain2.
After browsing other forum posts describing a similar or identical issue, here's what I've tried:
- cleared cookies & cache in Firefox
- delete plugins from the Plugins folder
- confirmed 2 separate url's for accuracy in the database (they were accurate)
- changed security keys in wp_config.
- tried accessing with IE browser.
- delete and reinstall wp files.
- download & install new wp files
- added the line, @define(’ADMIN_COOKIE_PATH’, ‘/’); to the wp-config file (then removed it after no results & reading about possible security issue)
- installed wp2.6.1, which I use for my existing blog
- kick stuff & curse
Still exact same results with both new blogs. I've seen several related threads with a few people reporting fixes that seem to be unique to them alone, while others still struggle... I'm one of the others. Any suggestions I haven't tried yet?