can’t edit on new host
After searching on WP.org and google nothing worked! So here’s my problem.
After moving wordpress to my new host i’ve got a problem wich i can’t solve. I can’t edit my posts or pages anymore. When i try to make a new post everything looks correct until i view my site. The only thing that is displayed is the title. This is also the only editable item when changing posts/pages.
When i edit a post or page everything also seems to be correct but when the post/page is saved it’s just like the old one and nothing has changed! Editting the post via the
HTML-screen results in a changed post/page on screen but after saving ofcourse nothing changes….
Steps taken to move WP
I did everything via PHPmyadmin
– backed up the database from the old host
– installed WP on the new host (just to test the host)
– copied the whole WP directory to the new host
– edited the config file to match the new dbase name/user/pass
– deleted all the database entries on the new host so the database was clean empty etc etc
– imported the database
– changed the 2 URL’s in the database
The only thing left on my todo-list is changing the uploaded image-urls.
Did i miss a important step in the move-process?
- The topic ‘can’t edit on new host’ is closed to new replies.