I have been using Kalin's post list and it stopped responding recently. Then I installed this plug-in.
I created a list to display all posts that belong to a category.
It shows it correctly in the settings page but doesn't show anything (not even an error) in the web page.
I played around and discovered that this only happens to new categories. If I use an old category then it works fine in both preview as well as the actual web page.
Following are some screenshots for your reference.
1 - My settings
2 - Preview works...
3 - How I call the list from a page (I also tried this from a post but no luck)
4 - Output :(