Can't access new website – server not found error
I was wondering if anyone can help stop my hair turning grey?
I recently created a WordPress website 5 weeks ago – brandnewcopy.com but most of the time the server is not found in my browser (Firefox). However, everyone else can access it.
I also can’t log into my wordpress dashboard using brandewcopy.com/wp-admin. I’m using a new laptop (4 weeks old) with Windows 8 and can’t access it even on my old laptop using Windows 7. I’m able to access every other website – it’s only brandnewcopy.com that the server isn’t found. I haven’t installed any anti-virus programs on the new laptop yet so all I’m running is McAfee security scan and Windows Firewall. I’ve tried the following things:
– Using different browsers
– Flushing DNS cache
– Clearing DNS cache through browser ‘tools’ menu
– Changing the proxy settings from automatic to manual and back again
– Overriding DNS cache
– Scanning my laptop for malware in case of DNS poisoning
– Adjusting various settings on Windows firewall
Unfortunately none of these things have created a permanent fix. I’ve also contacted my web hosts and they say my nameservers are set up correctly and my files have all been installed properly too.
I don’t suppose anyone has any ideas?
- The topic ‘Can't access new website – server not found error’ is closed to new replies.