I've got problems logging in, logging out, and registering on one of my WP 2.5 installations.
It is installed to a subfolder, but everything besides those functions is working perfectly. I can make posts, edit posts, everything works exactly as it should. I have custom permalinks and they work great.
I can access the admin dashboard through my bookmark of the [wordpress url]/wp-admin/ link.
Except for when I try to log-out, or login, or register.
With my custom permalinks on, clicking log-out takes me to my custom 404 error page.
With the default permalinks structure, clicking log-out takes me to an Internal Server error page.
This is what I have tried and what I know:
- I have deactivated every plugin and it did not help.
- I have tried renaming my plugins folder so WP couldn't find it at all, and that did not help either.
- I have tried completely removing my .htaccess file and it did not help.
- I have tried re-uploading my wp-login.php file from a brand new WP2.5 folder.
- It happens in every browser.
- It happens on Windows XP and Mac OSX 10.5.1.
- I have never received the common "cookie" error.
One thing that makes this installation unique is that it was previously in the root directory of my site, and I moved it to a sub-directory (an addon domain) through the instructions presented at wordpress.org and through many other online tutorials.
I was very careful and everything besides the login/logout seems to be working perfectly, but it is possible there is a file I forgot to edit or a setting I forgot to change somewhere.
I have looked around everywhere I could think of yet I have not been able to find any solution to my problem.
I am totally stuck and would much appreciate some help!