Cannot edit in visual mode
I am unable to edit my WordPress blog in visual mode. I’ve searched the forums for solutions, but have been unable to find one. If I’ve overlooked something, feel free to simply supply the link. In short, I am able to edit posts in html mode, but not using the visual editor. Here is a screen shot of what it looks like when the “visual” tab is selected: http://benjermcveigh.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/ScreenShot.jpg
Here are some details:
- I am running 3.8.1, single install.
- I’m using the Genesis framework, the child theme is “Balance.”
- When I select the “visual” tab, no text appears, even if the post has content.
- I have tested this in Chrome and Firefox with the same result.
- This is a relatively new installation of WordPress, and it occurred in 3.8 as well as in the new 3.8.1 version. I cannot say if it happened from the beginning, because I almost always edit in html mode and didn’t discover this until about two weeks ago.
- I have tried disabling all plugins (although not deleting them). I don’t have many plugins, and none that seem relatively obscure/unknown. A quick search doesn’t bring up other plugin users with the same issues.
- I reinstalled WordPress 3.8.1 (replacing all files except wp-config.php and the content folder).
- My site is hosted on GoDaddy, if that matters.
Consider using ‘dppx’ units instead of ‘dpi’, as in CSS ‘dpi’ means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual ‘dpi’ of a screen. In media query expression: print, not all, (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 1.25), (min-resolution: 120dpi) post.php?post=1405&action=edit:1
event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method ‘create’ of undefined measureIt.js:120
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://benjermcveigh.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/langs/en.js
Failed to load: http://benjermcveigh.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/langs/en.js wp-tinymce.php:1
Here’s the site: http://www.benjermcveigh.com
Thanks in advance!
- The topic ‘Cannot edit in visual mode’ is closed to new replies.