I have been searching the forums for a fix for this and while I have found people with a similar problem to this, I haven’t found anyone so far who have had this current issue.
I upgraded my wordpress.org site (www.anastasiacatris.com) to the most recent WP upgrade the other day and almost immediately got a message saying:
“Database Update Required
WordPress has been updated! Before we send you on your way, we have to update your database to the newest version.
The update process may take a little while, so please be patient.”
I clicked to upgrade the database but was sent to a page with the WP logo where nothing happened. This same thing happened on several attempts even when waiting for several hours at a time (as it told me to be patient after all).
I searched for similar problems and found Esmi’s responses to similar queries:
– switching to the Twenty Twelve theme by renaming your current theme’s folder inside wp-content/themes and adding “-old” to the end of the folder name using FTP or whatever file management application your host provides.
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or phpMyAdmin.
– re-uploading all files & folders – except the wp-content folder – from a fresh download of WordPress. Make sure that you delete the old copies of files & folder before uploading the new ones.
– running the upgrade manually via wp-admin/upgrade.php
I followed this advice and now, not only am I not able to access the back end of my site, but I my site is completely broken and results turn in a blank page!
As you can imagine, I am quite worried about this as I use my site for work purposes (it has an online store and promotes my work to several businesses who I am currently being reviewed by).
Any help you could offer in this situation would be most beneficial, I am sure.
Thank you so much in advance.
- The topic ‘Cannot Access WP-Admin’ is closed to new replies.