I’m looking to start up a blog site and in my research I’ve brought it down to MT and WordPress. I’d like to go WP as I’ve been reading great things about it, but I need to know it is capable of doing certain things. I’ve read it can’t, but the posts I read were very old.
I was hoping someone on the forum might know. Here’s what I need:
1. the site will be made up of about 5 blogs, each with a different author, but again, all within one site. Each author’s blog will look slightly different.
2. each author can only post on their own blog site
3. a main page which collects all the newest posts from the 5 blogs and displays them
4. sub-main pages which collect all the posts of a particular category across all 5 blogs, i.e. anyone across the 5 blogs who posts to the category “dogs” will also have the post displayed on this sub-main page.
Can wordpress do this? If it will require minor editing, I’m willing to hire someone. I just need to know that it’s possible, and it won’t cost me thousands of dollars in programming.
Thanks in advance for all your help!
- The topic ‘Can wordpress do this?’ is closed to new replies.