I come to you because I already exhausted all the options I had seen on the internet and various forums:
When I try to edit or create a new entry, clicking the HTML tab does not make the change. Then I discovered that when I’m in visual, hyperlink button makes the page not work properly (I leave a video of the situation).
I already tried the classic steps:
* I disabled all plugins, cleared cache, tried and did not fix.
* I tried changing theme to the one that comes by default with wordpress, it was not fixed.
* I have a Child theme, I left the functions.php file empty, it was not fixed.
* I reinstalled the files from my site with original files from a clean download: I replaced post.php and new-post.php with original files, it was not fixed.
* I did the same but with the files in js / tynimice, it was not fixed.
I tried with what they said these subjects:
1.- https://wordpress.org/support/topic/page-editor-stucks-in-text-modevisual-mode/ [add
define ('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true);in config.php], did not fixed.
2.- https://wordpress.org/support/topic/visual-editor-tab-not-working-5/ [add
define ('CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false);in config.php], was not fixed. There was no .htaccess file in wp-includes so I did not try that option.
The curious thing: The problem only happens when I want to add a new entry. The editor works fine when I want to add text for a new page.
If I change the writing mode between HTML and Visual in “create page”, the system remembers my choice when creating a new entry. When the option is left in visual, I can use most of the boxes, but if it remains in HTML it can not be achieved. Again I leave a video that explains better.
I honestly do not know what else to do.
Can you help me? What other information do you need?
Sorry about my english, i translated my text with google.
- The topic ‘Can not Switch Between Visual / Text and Editor Freezes’ is closed to new replies.