I cannot manage to get ANYTHING to upload into my my Media Library. I have tried the following:
1. From the Dashboard, Media/New: I have tried both the Browser uploader (I have FF 3.52) and Flash Uploader (Flash v10). Using the Browser Uploader, the upload hangs and I get an incomplete page with the following address: "http://www.jumpinhumpy.net/wp/wp-admin/media-upload.php?inline=&upload-page-form=" With the Flash Uploader, the file will upload and "crunch," yet NO MEDIA UPLOADS appear in the Media Library nor, if I check the directory via FTP, do the files show up in the default directory for media uploads.
2. My Miscellaneous settings have the upload path as "wp-content/uploads." This was the default setting. I've tried adding "uploads" and "wp-content/uploads" to the "Full URL path" - STILL NO MEDIA UPLOADS!
3. As suggested in some posts here, I tried changing file permissions for the wp-content/uploads directory and the two subdirectories 2009 and 09, from "755" to "777." This had no effect on my ability to upload photos from within WordPress - STILL NO MEDIA UPLOADS!
4. I can upload files via FTP directly into the wp-contents/uploads/2009/09 directory; however, these files still do not appear in my media library.
5. I have tried this with about six different files, all .jpg and all well under 1MB in size (350KB to 700KB).
6. I can link to a photo but only if I use the full ftp address of the file, and I'm asked for my p/w each time I try to edit this page - I haven't tried publishing this particular page but I assume the photo won't load then either, without the p/w.
7. I have already followed Otto's instructions in the sticky - that would be the 6th "5-minute install" to date but again, no change - STILL NO MEDIA UPLOADS
Any help appreciated. I spent five days just trying to install WordPress, and then the last week attempting to create just a single page with a bit of text and a photo on it - so far, absolutely nothing... Is creating a website really supposed to be this hard? Should I just pay someone else to do this? 12 days of my time is starting to add up... Thanks in advance -