Hello and thanks for your work in this wonderful plugin – despite the issues that occur. I apologize for the long post!
I am having problems resetting my cache and I guess all of your users would appreciate a best practice guide. Since it is not working as I would expect it to, here are the steps I am taking every time I need to change something to one of the static files:
– Change stylesheet version number through functions.php
– Clear cache
– Clear assets
– Browser cache re-check status
…but still the cache refuses to update to my latest files.
– My iPhone mobile browser cache is not resetting. I have tried a million things and it still won’t reset remotely unless I manually clear the cache. The expected behavior would be to change my file, and then go to browser cache and re-check/reset status so that the new expire headers update from this point onwards. I would expect every time I clear my assets/change browser expire headers to see a different filename/version of filename on the asset which would essentially reset everthing.
– I still haven’t found a way to reset some updated font files. I just can’t! How can I reset them?
– I have connected the plugin with cloudflare. Is this a complete replacement to the cloudflare plugin?
– Create a one-button to reset all kinds of cache – html, assets, reset browser expire headers so that when you click on this button, it forces all content to renew instead of having to manually click on everything.
– Please store my settings when I temporarily deactivate caching/assets caching, and please trigger a reset to everything when I re-activate it.
In the meantime, what steps can I take to completely re-new everything to all devices? I have used plugins like Prevent browser cache, but this beats the purpose of having a cache plugin, let alone that when you stop using it, the assets/files still revert to their state before using the plugin.
Looking forward to your reply!
- The topic ‘Cache not resetting as expected’ is closed to new replies.