Support » Plugin: Nimble Page Builder » Buttons are not responsive on mobile

  • Not to be the arbiter of bad news all the time but it seems that every time something gets fixed in Nimble – something else is broken.

    This has been an issue for awhile now and I’m only now getting around to it. But, the buttons I create for my subscription page always get jumbled and are no longer responsive every time I fix them and test them out on multiple devices. It’s starting to get tiresome trying to keep up.

    Disabling the “breakpoint” messes up the columns in my chart so that’s a non-starter. Reducing the font size has not discernible affect and in fact – reduces the line spacing so the letters are on top of each other. I’ve fixed this multiple times only to have it broken with each subsequent update.

    There needs to be a way for the builder to automatically adapt based on the device without having to set the parameters for desktop, tablet, and mobile that only get broken every time there’s an update. Otherwise, it’s not truly adaptive.

    Thankfully, most of my traffic is still desktop but mobile is right on its heels and needs to be addressed.

    Capture 1

    Capture 2

    Capture 3

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Author Nicolas

    (@nikeo)

    Thanks for reporting this.
    Can you please export your Nimble Builder sections and send me the zip file with the contact form please.

    This way I’ll be able to explore the issue locally on my site.
    Thank you

    Plugin Author Nicolas

    (@nikeo)

    Update : I’m actually not sure to understand the problem precisely for the buttons.
    I’ll explain in a topic below

    Plugin Author Nicolas

    (@nikeo)

    About the font-size setting.
    Can you please provide a step by step guide to reproduce the issue ?
    It will look like :
    1) I insert a button module
    2) I set the a font-size of 50px for desktop
    3) …

    The way Nimble Builder work for font-size is that it uses the parent device font-size if no specific font-size is set for the smaller device.
    For example, if I set a font-size of 50px for desktop, it will be applied to all smaller devices, unless I specify another font-size for tablet and mobile. This principle has not been changed recently.

    Now, I agree that it can be painful to re-do this responsive setting each time you insert a new module or section.
    This will be solved soon with the ability to save sections. This way, you’ll be able to define a section with your buttons already designed, saved it, and re-use it anywhere on your site.

    Sorry for the delay – this is my busiest time of the year and I’ve been slammed.

    First, I fixed everything. I don’t know how – but I did. Hopefully, future updates won’t screw it all up because it’s perfect (again).

    The issue I see is that fonts should be able to be set for each device i.e. desktop, tablet, and mobile. Typically, the desktop and tablet setting work equally and it adjusts accordingly but it does not for mobile. So, when I try to set the mobile font specifically, it changes the tablet and desktop font.

    My work around was to switch from px to % (especially for buttons and table headings). This appeared to resolve the issue. That and line spacing, which is important for the tables on mobile. It does not work with px but apparently does when using % for fonts. I don’t know why. It’s a bit quirky.

    Now, if I adjust the padding for each device it holds for that device – it just wasn’t doing it for fonts.

    That leaves the issue with future updates. You said that will be fixed in the next update. Great! I hope so because this was another two hours out of my time just right now that I don’t have but it hurts my business to not have everything working and appearing as it should be on whatever device new users are accessing my site from.

    Before you ask – yes I did deactivate my caching plugin and Cloudfare whenever I’m making changes using the builder.

    Thanks for your quick attention.

    Plugin Author Nicolas

    (@nikeo)

    OK thanks for the update.
    I’m still not able to reproduce the by-device font-size problem. So if you fear that the next update will break something, it will really help if you take a few minutes to provide a step by step guide to reproduce the issue.
    For that, the best is to start from a blank test page on your site, and write something like this :
    1) I insert a button module
    2) I set the a font-size of 50px for desktop
    3) …

    An in your next topic, include the link to this test page so I can check it by myself too.
    Thank you

    Fair enough. I fixed the issue with font sizes not taking hold by duplicating buttons or sections that already existed and then changing the color and wording. For some reason that worked but changing the font size on a newly created button did not. It’s weird.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.