im hanging here with my oxygen theme site and i have done everything i could find in several forums but no solution. installed the custom css and a child theme. hope someone can help me with this!
1) how can i remove those bullet points in the sidebar?
2) how can i remove the right sidebar? i just want the left sidebar and the content in the middle..
3) is there a way to change the image size at the front page (want them to show up a little higher) and show the article images in full high?
thank you for every answer! and pardon my english, im from vienna 🙂
Apparently there is not much support on this. I started today working with it. Will try to help.
1)Do the following :
- Go to widgets and remove any navigation menu that you have on “Primary” area.
- Then go to Apprearence>Menu set you Header Menu(Pages that you want)
- After the above, select Manage Locations on top of screen and select your Header Menu on Primary and Secondary. Primary is the horizontal and secondary the black menu at left sidebar.
2) Should be under widgets remove right side bar
3) Don’t quite understand which image you want to resize
3) I’m assuming you want the featured slider images to be a larger size. I’m quite a newbie myself, but I have learned one trick.
In your theme functions (functions.php), use ctrl+f shortcut to find the following:
add_image_size( ‘archive-thumbnail’, 470, 140, true );
add_image_size( ‘single-thumbnail’, 470, 260, true );
add_image_size( ‘featured-thumbnail’, 750, 380, true );
add_image_size( ‘slider-nav-thumbnail’, 110, 70, true );
Change the figures in bold to the dimensions of the images that you wish to use in your slider. By doing this, you stop your theme automatically resizing images to the default 750×380 when selecting them as a featured image. You must re-upload new images as featured images for them to be cropped at the new dimensions.
You may then need to change the size of the slider, but I am not 100% on whether this is needed – nor how to achieve this – so try the above first and see if it does the trick.
If you meant that you wanted to change the smaller image sizes which are found underneath the slider, change the figures I have placed in italics.
Personally, I used this to extend the slider to full page width (940×397). This was achieved by using the following CSS:
- The topic ‘bullet points, right sidebar and image size’ is closed to new replies.