1. no option to choose csv dialect. You have to have “,” delimeter
2. No data conversion options. You want an empty field to be null instead of zero (or “”)? Can’t do it with this plugin.
3. no flexibility. csv table must have EXACTLY the same number of columns than the DB table in EXACTLY the same order. No header matching or column skipping.
4. Dubious errors. Clicking “Import to DB” I get “problem with database query” error because of duplicate entry. Clicking again I get instead “Starting row value exceeds the number of entries being updated to the database from the .csv file”. Clicking “Reload table preview” I get afterwards again the first error when I try to import. So which of the two shall I believe? It finally worked with the “update” checkbox (but only after clicking the “table preview” directly before), even though there was nothing to update but an empty table to be filled.
Conclusion: Usage of this plugin is highly error prone because depending on your external data structure you might easily mess up the columns. The upload form seems to have some bugs. Not knowing what’s under the hood, I’m afraid using this plugin on live data might destroy a lot in the worst case.
The idea is of this plugin is nice, but I’ll probably end up writing my own python script instead of using this plugin.
- The topic ‘Buggy and lacking important features’ is closed to new replies.