WordPress.org

Forums

Bug report: named character entities in various files in wp-include (4 posts)

  1. tjaard
    Member
    Posted 10 years ago #

    I apparantly am not allowed to use trac for this (nor can I find a way to log in with my wp.org account), so I figure that I report a bug here :) .

    As a matter of purism, I serve my blog as xhtml+xml for browsers that support it. However, quite a lot of these are picky when it comes to named character entities. I got rid of them in my theme and wptexturize already is taylored towards this issue as it seems to produce solely numerical entities. However, I got a complaint the other day from a Safari user who got an xml error because of the presence of » on my blog. Looking for the source, I found out that template-functions-general has two occurences of » which imho could easily be replaced by their numerical counterparts to ensure that blog owners can easily use xhtml+xml plugins without any hassle if they wish to. There may be similar entities in WP's code that I didn't find yet, but I hope this gets fixed in the next release :) .

    Note: I fixed it myself, so the given link won't show the anomaly.

  2. Kafkaesqui

    Posted 10 years ago #

    Though it's considered valid (transitional) XHTML, I agree with this. It would be helpful for those using XHTML strict for their as well, considering its limited character entity vocabulary.

    Note: to submit bugs/fixes: http://trac.wordpress.org/

  3. Kafkaesqui

    Posted 10 years ago #

    Hmm, I'm sure I had more in that "note"...

    There's a login link at upper right. Clicking that should bring up a prompt for username and password; enter the ones you use here. They *should* work.

  4. tjaard
    Member
    Posted 10 years ago #

    Oops, my wrong... it seems that my adblocking filters hid the div that contains the login *blush*

    Gonna submit it rightaway :) .

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic