We’ve discovered an issue affecting multiple sites where when visiting the base URL for a website with the “highlight” parameter specified, the posts page is being loaded instead of the front page.
1. Under Settings -> Reading, set “Your homepage displays” to “A static page (select below)”.
2. Next to “Homepage,” select a static page to serve as the front page
3. Next to “Posts page,” select a page to serve as the posts page
4. Install Relevanssi on a WordPress site, and enable highlighting
5. Search for a phrase that appears on the home page, and click the link (which should contain the ?highlight parameter)
6. Observer that the posts page gets incorrectly shown instead of the front page
I’ve confirmed this on two separate sites using the TwentyTwentyTwo theme, so it’s not an issue with our code. I tried looking through the plugin to determine what was happening, but didn’t make any headway, I suspect it’s something to do with the query modification.
This does not occur with other query strings on the front page, so clearly it’s something to do with this plugin. We discovered this issue when a client using this plugin pointed it out to us, so the sooner this could be fixed, the better.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.