WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Better Search
[resolved] Bug fix suggestions (4 posts)

  1. awhig
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi Ajay,

    Started using your plugin. Thanks for the work.

    A couple of suggestions.

    I noticed when I clicked the generated links to change the Results per page, the title of my results page was always "Page not found". This was because the generated link did not use the home page url. The generated link was http://www.mysite.com/wphome/?s=test&limit=20

    You used get_option("siteurl"). I fixed this by using the home_url() function instead in get_bsearch_header. The generated link is now http://www.mysite.com/?s=test&limit=20.

    Also the search parameter was not url encoded in those links as well, so I also encoded the string using the urlencode() function before generating the link.

    The search string is also not encoded in the page links at the bottom of the results. I've fixed that in my copy as well.

    Thanks,
    Rich

    http://wordpress.org/plugins/better-search/

  2. Ajay
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Rich, do you want to drop me your copy at me AT ajaydsouza DOT com and I'll incorporate this in a new version

  3. awhig
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi Ajay,

    I sent you a copy of my file with the changes.

    Rich

  4. Ajay
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Rich,

    Received your email. Thanks for this. I'll put through the changes in the next version

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.