The following bug reports refer to three different hosts, and all reference installations in “add-on” domains (i.e. not the main hosting account domain names) – all DNS and Vhosts and other WPMU requirements were / are set correctly, and all affected domains were running perfectly under WPMU 2.9.2 / WP 2.9.2 standalone. All WPMU installs were subdomain installs.
I have tried to auto-upgrade (from wp-admin) from 2.9.2 (single blog and WPMU) to WP 3.0 (single blog and WPMU) and had the same results each time ….
Issues common to all upgrades –
– loss of images display in admin, media uploader (after upload), and on page/post editor, and on published and draft posts (both preview and published)
– Delete completely (or comment-out / rename for roll-back use) the entire WP / WPMU 2.9.2 .htaccess content.
– Insert the standard WP 3.0 .htaccess content posted all over the wp.org forums – be sure to choose the CORRECT .htaccess content to insert (single blog or multi-site? subdomain or subdirectory setup?).
– PROVIDED the server has fread() and fopen() enabled on the server
– if any of those three are not done, images will not display.
<u>Note:</u> fread() / fopen() are going to cause deprecated-class problems on PHP 5.3.x servers (see php.net notes around those for PHP 5.3+).
Issues common to all WPMU (subdomain) to 3.0ms upgrades –
– Sub-blogs display only the theme and the sidebar / menu lists of categories, pages, posts (plus the content quantity is enabled),
– – the actual posts and pages, single-posts, category_pages, tags_pages, archives, etc., pages all return “nothing found” 404 pages.
– In admin, looking at any of the page, post, category, tag etc., edit/manage lists does the same – it does show how many are in the database at the top of the list, but returns a “nothing found” / “list is empty” short message immediately under the top of list buttons, and does not display the expected data.
– Fix? I’ve tried everything I can find that is suggested in these forums, at trac.wp.org, and on the WPMU and BuddyPress forums – nothing cures this. My multi-site domains are completely non-functional except for the home blogs on each, which still work.
Sample site to view this happening = http://checkedbyyou.com (home blog) and http://webhosting.checkedbyyou.com (sub-blog) – this is a site I began working on under WPMU 2.9.2 (subdomain install) and used to first test the auto-upgrade to WP 3.0 – it has just enough on it to show the problems described above.
The prime cause <u>appears to be</u>
– WP failing to correctly update the .htaccess file (both bug sets)
– plus the switch from wp-content/blogs.dir.php to wp-includes/ms-blogs.php (for MU / MS installations’ sub-blogs)
= there is something broken in either the new ms-blogs.php and/or the htaccess updater.
Does anyone have a (working) fix to get the sub blog content displaying?
– Linux 2.6.18-194.3.1.el5
– MySQL 5.1.46
– Apache 2.2.14
– PHP 5.2.12
unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk (Cloud / Plesk)
– Linux 220.127.116.11-2.art.x86_64
– MySQL 5.0.77
– Apache ?
– PHP 5.2.13 (Zend: 2.2.0)
– Linux 2.6.18-194.8.1.el5
– MySQL 5.0.90-community
– Apache 2.2.15
– PHP 5.2.13 (Zend: 2.2.0)
- The topic ‘[BUG] 2.9.2 to 3.0 standalone and MU->MS (Subdomain) BIG problems’ is closed to new replies.