[resolved] Broken Themes--Stylesheet is mission (10 posts)

  1. WhollyHis
    Posted 9 years ago #

    I've search the support forums but not found an answer.

    I manage a WordPress site without a problem. I'm trying to help my friend with her WordPress site.

    Her theme management page in the admin area shows all her themes as broken with the message "The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template." This includes the following installed themes:

    altitude Stylesheet is missing.
    chinared Stylesheet is missing.
    crimson_sunrise Stylesheet is missing.
    default Stylesheet is missing.
    fasttrack Stylesheet is missing.
    fleur Stylesheet is missing.
    landzilla Stylesheet is missing.
    nostalgie Stylesheet is missing.
    ocadia Stylesheet is missing.
    Papillon Stylesheet is missing.

    She was running 2.0.3 which I just upgraded to 2.0.5. The error can't (in my mind) be about the upgrade since the problem existed before the upgrade. It can't be about the themes themselves because even default is messed up and I replaced the default folder with a freshly downloaded copy from wordpress.org. It can't be the ftp upload utility because I use it successfully on the other site I manage (AceFTP, free version).

    I've checked for nested theme folders (aka /themename/themename/theme files here) and found some and deleted them. (My friend had themes installed all over the place--within themes, one in the theme folder itself, and in a couple other places on her site). I even removed all the themes except default and classic and that still doesn't fix the problem.

    Also to note: on the theme management page, under Current Theme, it says, "All of this theme’s files are located in ." On the other site I manage, it gives a directory message like this: "All of this theme’s files are located in wp-content/themes/fasttrack."

    Can someone help me troubleshoot?

  2. Chris_K
    Posted 9 years ago #

    Checked directory and file permissions for the theme folders?

  3. WhollyHis
    Posted 9 years ago #

    I had at one point. Remind me what they should be?

  4. WhollyHis
    Posted 9 years ago #

    Just rechecked them. The main 'Themes' folder and the individual themes' folders are 755. The contents of an individual theme's folder is 644.

  5. Chris_K
    Posted 9 years ago #

    hrmm, those look like they'd be ok. Do they match other files in the WP installation?

    What's wp-content set to for permissions?

  6. WhollyHis
    Posted 9 years ago #

    I suspect I'm having the same problem described here:

    The blog is hosted on a TCH server and the blog I personally maintain is not.

    I'll update once that has been checked out.

  7. WhollyHis
    Posted 9 years ago #

    HI Handy,

    wp-content is set to 755. The files look to me like they match. As I said, I think it may be a host server issue. I've told my friend to address the issue with her host via their help desk and to reference two forums on their site:


    I really think that has to be it. The changes happened across the board to all the themes and they had been functioning... Again, I'll notify this thread of an update. Don't worry about it at the moment--spend your time elsewhere

  8. WhollyHis
    Posted 9 years ago #

    It turns out that it was some sort of problem with the host's server. Check the above links for more information if you're having the same problem.

  9. Chris_K
    Posted 9 years ago #

    Thanks for the followup.

    Wish they would've mentioned what was wrong.

  10. WhollyHis
    Posted 9 years ago #

    I'm not sure they even know. One of the threads on their forums seemed to indicate that they were just switching people to non-affected servers because they couldn't locate the source of the problem.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic