Broken Themes After Move
– I moved a wordpress site from a subfolder to the root directory (sophiehughes.com/dev –> sophiehughes.com) using the instructions here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress. I changed the URL in the Settings and everything.
– Things seemed to work fine, sort of, except the theme (which I customized the css and a few other files for) seemed to not be loading. The html and images seemed to load, but not the css. I tried a different theme (“twentyeleven”) and it worked fine. The admin dashboard works fine. The theme I have been using, which I customized the css and such for, is called Filtered.
– I checked the themes/ folder under wp-content/ in the root directory, and all the files seemed to be there.
– I suspected the site might be trying to access themes from the old folder, so I changed the folder name (to “dev-dontuse!/”). Then the theme (twentyeleven) stopped working. I believe the site is still trying to access themes from the dev/ subfolder still, for some reason.
–> How to I redirect the site to call in themes from wp-content/themes/ instead of dev/wp-content/themes/ ??
Thanks so much!
- The topic ‘Broken Themes After Move’ is closed to new replies.