You broke my sites. I updated Simple Calendar across several websites and now I’m getting a critical error screen and my sites won’t load. I was able to access the backend through WordPress Recovery link. Something is majorly wrong with your plugin and needs to be address ASAP. Thanks!
The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]
screenshot of the error here:
Same! I got this message (I didn’t update, I just downloaded).
I thought maybe it was because I accidentally installed the Google Cal add-on first.
Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: This library must be installed via composer or by downloading the full package. See the instructions at https://github.com/google/google-api-php-client#installation. in /wp-content/plugins/google-calendar-events/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/autoload.php:14
- This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Sam Munoz.
Same problem here across two client websites. The previous thread says they are working on a solution, and in the meantime, roll back to the previous version which you can download from here:
Got the site back up, but the plugin won’t activate. Gives a fatal error when I try.
Sorry for the headaches today. Version 3.1.29 is out and should not give you the fatal error now.
Sorry for any inconvenience!
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: This library must be installed via composer or by downloading the full package. See the instructions at https://github.com/google/google-api-php-client#installation.
A quick tip for those newer to WordPress — when you receive a fatal error not allowing you to log-in to your site and the message shows it to be a plug-in…
FTP into the site and rename the plug-in folder that is causing the fatal error. The path to the folder with the bad plug-in should be in the error message – in my case I renamed the folder with the offending plug-in to OLDgoogle-calendar-events.
This allowed the site to load again since the plug-in causing the fatal error couldn’t load due to the file name not being found. I then logged log in like normal and continued debugging things.
Later I did receive the email from WordPress with the recovery mode link, but didn’t need it since the technique I mentioned worked. Hope this helps others in the future.
I am getting this error and my version is 3.1.31. Advice in this thread to update to an older version seems weird.
I have disabled the plugin and got my site back up. Need a better answer than:
Version 3.1.29 is out and should not give you the fatal error now.
Thanks for the fix @simplecalendarsupport.
I was on 3.1.28 when my client’s site broke. I ftp’d into the plugin folder, disabled this plugin, logged into site, and updated the plugin to 3.1.31. That fixed it for me. Plugin is activated and site is live again 🙂
Add Google Calendar events to your WordPress site in minutes. Beautiful calendar displays. Fully responsive.
Version 3.1.31 | By Simple Calendar | View details
This plugin failed to load properly and is paused during recovery mode.
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 14 of the file /home1/gardenoaks/public_html/wp-content/plugins/google-calendar-events/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/autoload.php. Error message: Uncaught Exception: This library must be installed via composer or by downloading the full package. See the instructions at https://github.com/google/google-api-php-client#installation.
- This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by pamjasperx.
Just got this issue today. Was running 3.1.27 updated to 3.1.32 and website crashed.
Rolling back to 3.1.27 is the only solution.
Email Simple Calendar people but they claim its web hosting resources issue. Godaddy claim that’s not true.
We just pushed out 3.1.33 today. It should address a lot of the issues that have been going on. The plugin was extremely bloated and for some users causing issues installing. We have trimmed things down a lot. You will need to make sure you are running PHP 7.3+ now as well.
Thanks for your patience while we worked through this!
- The topic ‘Broken Site — Critical Error’ is closed to new replies.