We’re running our WordPress instance on a Linux VM. We’re running WordPress 3.3.1 multiuser. Infrequently, there is a panic crash of the server due to very high load. I’ve traced it in the logs to Broken Link Checker 1.4.
About 3 days ago the author of the widget came out with version 1.5.4. We’re upgrading.
The version that causes the panic crashes is version 1.4 of Broken Link Checker on 3.3.1. I can get the server to fail by forcing the plugin (1.4) to execute, so we’re pretty confident that the current mix is the problem.
We don’t know about 1.5.4 yet, but will soon. I’ve got 1.5.4 loaded in our test server. We have hopes that it will fix the problem.