Broken Images After Updating Web Server
Hello. A few hours ago I updated my web server to the latest version, and since then, my blog images are not appearing in certain places. Here are my specs:
WP version: 4.9.8
WP Theme: Twenty Ten with minor alterations
Web server: MAMP PRO 5.1 with SSL enabled
24″ iMac OS X El Capitan
1. I have not changed any of my blog’s settings before or after the web server update.
2. I have not changed the blog’s URL, permalink settings or anything else.
3. I have not added or deleted any plugins before or after the web server update.
4. Permissions on the “wp-content/Uploads” folder and subfolders is set to 755.
Everything was working fine prior to updating my web server software.
1. My blog’s header image does not appear on any pages anywhere, even after uploading a fresh copy of it and pointing to it in my theme. There is no broken image icon or anything. There is just a blank spot at the top of the blog’s home page.
2. No post images appear on my blog’s home page, or on any pages after that. Again, there is no broken image icon or anything. The image is simply not there.
3. If I click on the “edit” link for a post on the home page or on any other page, and then on the “visual” tab on the editor page, the image for that particular post does appear. I tried this with several posts, and get the same results. In other words, the image does appear if I switch to the visual mode in the editor window.
4. All of my image thumbnails ARE visible in my media library.
5. I can add new images to the media library, and they do appear there.
6. If I create a brand new blog post which includes a newly uploaded image to my media library, just like the older posts, the images does NOT appear in the new post, but does appear if I go to the “visual” tab in the edit window for that post. The new image also shows in the media library.
7. If I click on one of the category links in my blog’s sidebar, and then click on the “continue reading” link for any given post in that category, the image does NOT appear for that post. But again, if I click on the “edit” link for that post, and then choose the “visual” tab, I do see the image for that post.
8. Even setting the permissions on the “wp-content/Uploads” folder and subfolders to 777 does not help.
9. All of the media library images are definitely located in my “uploads” folder. I do not use any external images on my blog. They are all locally hosted.
I have searched the web, and here as well, but have thus far not found any solutions that work. I do not believe that this is a plugin issue, because as I said, everything was working fine with my current plugins prior to the web server upgrade.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]
- The topic ‘Broken Images After Updating Web Server’ is closed to new replies.