WordPress.org

Support

Support » How-To and Troubleshooting » [Resolved] Broke my site (functions.php)

[Resolved] Broke my site (functions.php)

  • Hi i just added the wrong bit of code to my functions.php which has completely disabled my site… I have the original function.php text however i cant load dashboard to insert it.

    Also the functions.php in my FTP is different to the code in my editor

    How can i fix this?

    The site is http://www.releasethereal.com

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You can upload the original functions.php file through FTP or Control Panel, after renaming the current file.

    Thanks luckily had the code backed up. Note to buddypress users, to find the functions.php go into plugins then buddypress and make changes there.

    This thread helped me! Thank you, guys. I used FileZilla and overwrote the broken theme functions file with the original file from the theme on my desktop. I was able to log right in and everything is working.

    Thanks again!

    Kevin

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] Broke my site (functions.php)’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar