Support » Plugins and Hacks » PulseMaps Visitor World Map » [Resolved] Broke my site

[Resolved] Broke my site

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Author aitosoftware


    Hmm, perhaps you mean BuddyPress 1.2.9 and not 1.9?

    Anyway, we’ll test compatibility with the latest BuddyPress version and will post a reply with our findings.

    Thanks for the report!

    Plugin Author aitosoftware


    Finally found the problem (at least I think it’s the one you encountered) and it’s fixed in version 1.3.1 of the plugin.

    For record, the issue seems to be a bug in WordPress multisite/network; if a plugin contains a file with the name “settings.php” the network admin pages won’t work. We renamed the “settings.php” to something else and now everything seems to work fine.

    We found no issues with BuddyPress compatibility.



    Forum Moderator

    It’s never a good idea to use generic file names. That’s really just asking for a conflict to happen. Calling the file pm-settings.php might be a far safer option. Also the problem may have something to do with the way in which you are calling your settings file.

    Plugin Author aitosoftware


    Yeah. We didn’t realize that name conflicts could occur also with file names (and still don’t quite understand how exactly it can happen). Pretty much everything else we already have prefixed.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] Broke my site’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar