Support » Plugin: External Links - nofollow, noopener & new window » Breaks WooCommerce Checkout

  • Resolved aapc


    The External Links plugin seems to be causing a problem with the WooCommerce checkout process. To replicate the problem, just add an item to your cart and proceed to checkout. On the checkout page, WC runs an ajax post to /?wc-ajax=update_order_review and with the External Links plugin enabled, I get a blank JSON response. This causes the payment section to be disabled (endless spinner on top of the area). If I disable the External Links plugin, all works as expected. I’ve tried various combinations of settings in the plugin and nothing seems to help. My only option is to abandon this plugin unless the issue is addressed promptly.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Here are some screenshots that I hope will help.

    Plugin Support Manuel Rocha


    @aapc try this version and tell me if it solves Your issue:

    Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately it seems to be doing the same thing. While you may have updated the code, the version number on the one you sent was the same as the one I was using (v2.46).

    Is there anything else I can do to help figure this out?

    Plugin Support Manuel Rocha


    @aapc the version code does not change. This is just a small change that We are trying to add to fix this JSON error issue. Unfortunately We don’t have a proper solution for You. Sorry.

    The odd thing is that other plugins, including plugins I’ve developed myself, use ajax calls and don’t seem to have a problem. Only WooCommerce is affected and only on the checkout page as far as I can tell.

    You have a good plugin here but unfortunately we need to use WooCommerce so we can’t use your plugin. I hope you can figure this out. I’ll be glad to test any future updates to the plugin. Thanks!

    Unfortunately I will have to consider this plugin incompatible with WooCommerce. Given the popularity of WooCommerce, I would think this would be a pretty high priority issue. The lack of any progress on a fix means I’ll need to search out a new and better solution for all of my sites. I only hope someone else benefits from this support ticket because I know it has caused me a lot of headaches and wasted time. I wish you the best of luck in the future.

    P.S. This issue should not have been marked as “resolved”. It is still an open issue at this time. I will update if anything changes.

    I found something that works! If you come across this issue on a WooCommerce site, go to the “Exceptions” tab and uncheck “All Contents” and make sure the three options that appear beneath are all checked. This seems to allow the WooCommerce ajax call to work successfully. I hope this helps!

    Plugin Author WebFactory


    Thank you for sharing!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.