To start with, this is a great plug in, thanks!
However, I have an issue related to the breadcrumb navigation linked to the event.
When I clicked on one event and land on that page, the breadcrumb will looks like this:
Home » Event » event blabla
I don’t have a page called Event actually, so not surprisingly when clicking on it, I get the “this is embarrassing” alert. I guess I could:
(1) create a page called event, but I don’t know what to put on that page, so probably not a good idea.
(2) I would like the the breadcrumb to display like:
Home » event blabla
My guess is that the event calendar plug in created the whole events under a category called Event? so is there something I can modify in the plug in or I have to edit the breadcrumb code?
As mentioned in our sticky thread (http://wordpress.org/support/topic/welcome-the-events-calendar-users-read-this-first), we unfortunately are unable to help with with customization, styling or integration issues not caused by bugs with The Events Calendar. You have a few options:
1. Check out our extensive support resources and try to figure it out on your own: https://tri.be/support/ & http://tri.be/support/forums
2. Hire a developer to assist you. We’ve got a list of freelancers who know our code and who we can vouch for. Email us (pro at tri.be) and we’ll pass that list your way.
3. Purchase a Pro license to get more support: http://tri.be/shop/wordpress-events-calendar-pro/. As mentioned in the sticky thread, we can provide both a deeper and more frequent level of support for PRO users.
I hope that helps and good luck!
I am using Events Calendar and assigned its slug to an existing page I already had “workshops-seminars”.
When I navigate to that page, my breadcrumb only shows “You are here: Home” instead of Home > Workshops & Seminars.
When I open an event, the breadcrumb is correct
Home > Events > My Event
How do I get the main calendar page to show the correct breadcrumb?
You’ll need to figure out how breadcrumbs are created on your site and filter them for any of the event related pages. You can use these conditional tags to help you with that: https://gist.github.com/jo-snips/2415009 – you’re on your own though for figuring out how to filter your own breadcrumbs and set the titles properly though. Sorry I can’t offer up more here.
- The topic ‘breadcrumb issue’ is closed to new replies.