As a web developer I found this plugin extremely intuitive and easy to use. It has amazing features, such as the ability to use attribute slugs in a shortcodes css page. I'm drooling with all the possibilities this plugin provides and so grateful that I finally have a way to stop fighting with the WP visual editor.
- Awesome Shortcode Builder UI
- Separate PHP, CSS, JS, HTML pages
- Unlimited Attributes that aren't restricted to the HTML
- Categorize your custom shortcodes
- Create Widgets too!
- Shortcode UI in the page/post editor is perfect.
- Doesn't load insecure content on SSL pages (this might be due to the 'SSL Insecure Content Fixer' plugin...)
- Way too many pro's to list. - This plugin is really Amazing!
None that I can find, unless you count the fact that you should probably be a web developer if your going to use it, as a con.
The button added on the page/post editor to open the UI is a bit hard to find and looks out of place. Consider making it an actual button or adding it to the TinyMCE toolbar, because that's where it looks like it belongs. For me it falls right between the 'Add Media' and 'Ultimate Shortcodes' buttons and just looks like out of place square brackets, kind of like if the HTML is goofed or something.
Another suggestion would be to make it possible to network activate this plugin and allow the super-admin to enable the PHP tab only for certain sites. As it is, I can't offer this to my clients due to the security risk. I can still activate it on their site and create the custom shortcodes for them, I just have to use another plugin to make sure the ' My Shortcodes' button isn't available to them.
Thank you David Cramer! I look forward to purchasing the premium version soon.