While doing a blogger import for a friend I noticed a small problem that could be easily remedied. The problem actually lies with blogger. For larger blogs, the template publishing fails on some monthly archive pages (mainly because of the number of posts). I was able to change the archiving in the /wp-admin/import/blogger.php file to weekly which prevented this problem. Before that, wordpress would get a failed publish returned and try to publish Blogger again.
My thinking was that in future releases it may be a good idea to include an option to set the archiving to either monthly or weekly for the import. The import worked fine once I made the change to weekly so it would be a small modification.
- The topic ‘Blogger Import’ is closed to new replies.