[Resolved] Blog won’t work after WP-Cache plugin was activated
Actually, I cannot confirm that it’s the fault of the plugin, but I can say that it happened right after I installed it and even though I’ve removed it, I’m getting an error message, “Error establishing a database connection…”
Here’s what I did:
1) I installed and activated the plugin as instructed as well as configured the wp-config.php file with the line of code I was supposed to give it (“define…”)
2) Upon reviewing the Options page in WP to continue configuring the plugin, it gave me a message saying that if the cache directory were writeable, it could have done something. So I made it writeable.
3) When I access my blog, only the latest entry was displayed, but the sidebar was partially displayed as well citing that something was wrong with my wp-config file. I don’t recall exactly what it said though.
4) A tweak or two later, my blog wouldn’t show up (and still doesn’t). That’s when I got the database connection error from WP.
So I removed the plugin and all its contents, re-modified the wp-config file, removed the shortcut that was automatically made by the plugin for the advanced-cache file, and also modified the wp-settings file to remove the reference to the advanced-cache file. This latter part I hope is correct because one of the errors I received indicated that this file was looking for something on line such and such.
My blog is http://www.familywebwatch.com/blog. I’ve already sent an email to the author of the plugin and he tells me that my troubles have nothing to do with the plugin, and that it does not touch the database in any way.
Any suggestions on how to fix this are greatly appreciated.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Blog won’t work after WP-Cache plugin was activated’ is closed to new replies.