Support » Theme: Customizr » Blog Posts no longer display pics or text (since update)

  • FabSwag


    I just bit the bullet and updated Customizr, ready for the good, bad or ugly. So far so good, except I just realized that my blog posts no longer display the picture or text when you click on them. All you see is the bottom area where a reader can add a comment.

    Anyone know the quick fix before I spend the evening hunting and pecking at this? Thanks!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ElectricFeet


    Where are your blog posts? The page with blog in the name seems to contain a plugin showing images linking to pages.



    Sorry – that’s the image wall effect that I was stubbornly pursuing a few weeks ago. It takes the picture from each blog post and displays it with other blog photos on a single page. Click on any photo and it takes you to the corresponding blog entry.

    Prior to the upgrade, when you clicked a photo, each blog would come up on its own page. Now nothing comes up except the comment area that is usually beneath the posted material. Posted material is gone.

    When I go into the “posts” area in my dashboard, all of my entries appear normal – text and photos are still showing on each one. So I can’t figure out what is causing the on-site disappearing act.

    Also noteworthy(?) – one of the images on my image wall became VERY large with the upgrade as well while the others stayed the same. I detached that image from the post until I could fix the problem, so it’s no longer showing up on my site.




    1. What version have you upgraded from?
    2. Are those normal posts or a custom-pots-type?
    3. Also, make a list of all the files you have copied from Customizr and mod’d in your child theme.



    I think there’s some serious plugin conflict going on here. I think you need to deactivate them all and then reactivate one by one.

    Viewing the source of the page, there’s a lot of very generic and buggy CSS in there.

    PICK AN ELEMENT NOW - or type CSS selector(advanced) {
    font-size: 30px !important;
    color: #444 !important;

    is not valid CSS, for example. Looking up that code on Google seems to throw up similar issues hereand here.

    However, those problems seem to be related to using another theme, so I’m at a bit of a loss to pin it down. If I were to bet, I’d go for the font plugin.



    Yes this Font plug in was one of the first I used when I was working my way through building the site…it has been a lifesaver in some instances and a royal p-i-t-b in others. Definitely a love-hate relationship going on with it.

    No surprise at all that I’ve got weird code going on under the hood. This whole thing has been trial and error for me and I can’t remember where my brain was on this 3 months’ back so there’s no telling what I might’ve thrown against a wall to see if it would stick back then. My inexperience with code has me afraid to dig around too much (or delete anything) for fear that I’ll make a catastrophic mistake. When you guys point things out I am usually able to understand what I’m looking at but on my own I’m still struggling.

    Thanks for checking into it – I’ll start testing plug ins and see what happens from that angle.

    As always, thank you —- you are very kind to help. =)

    Here’s a clean and safe way of changing fonts throughout the site:

    1. Upload your font files at Squirell Webfont Generator
    2. Upload the result in your [child-theme-folder]/fonts
    3. Add

    @import url("fonts/stylesheet.css");

    to your style.css, at the start, after the theme definition comment.

    Depending on how many fonts you import, the path above might differ: “fonts/regular/stylesheet.css”, “fonts/condensed/stylesheet.css”
    At this point, you have successfully installed your font and is ready to be applied to any elements. In my case, the font I embedded was Expressway. So all I needed to do was apply it to all the elements I wanted:

    html, body, div, span, applet, object, iframe, p, blockquote, pre, a, abbr, acronym, address, big, cite, code, del, dfn, em, img, ins, kbd, q, s, samp, small, strike, strong, sub, sup, tt, var, b, u, i, center, dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li, fieldset, form, label, legend, table, caption, tbody, tfoot, thead, tr, th, td, article, aside, canvas, details, embed, figure, figcaption, footer, header, hgroup, menu, nav, output, ruby, section, summary, time, mark, audio, video {
    	font-family: 'Expressway';
    h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, div{
    	font-family: 'Expressway Condensed';

    There are other ways of creating and embedding fonts in a website and I’m not endorsing this one. It’s just something I tried and worked.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Blog Posts no longer display pics or text (since update)’ is closed to new replies.