First of all, Hueman theme is great. I love it very much and I have been using it for few of my websites. However, the latest website with Hueman theme has some issues. I couldn’t customize the blog heading and sub-heading. The option to customize seems to have disappeared. Please see snapshot at the link below.
Could you help to take a look into it? Thanks.
those options show only if you’re customizing your blog page or your home page displaying your latest posts.
Is that the case?
The option to customize the blog heading and sub-heading doesn’t show at all either I’m customizing my blog page or home page.
Just to show you an example, my older website which uses Hueman theme has the option available. You may click the link below for the snapshot. Thanks.
I see but cannot reproduce on my end :/
Can you share your system info?
One or several plugins could be the cause of your issue ( a plugin / theme conflict is one of the most frequent problem that you can have with a WordPress website ).
You can disable all plugins, clear cache, browser history and check if your problem is resolved.
Hope this helps.
I have the same problem!
There is always a subhead which takes the name of my Title and is just above my body, but in “H1”.
So with my real H1 that is in my body, it makes 2 H1 balises, what is not a good point in SEO.
PS: For the moment, i’m hidding them with personnalized SEO (display: none;)
But they are stil in the HTML whatever
+ It may be considered as Black Hat SEO.
here are my system infos:
# THEME | VERSION : Hueman | v3.4.9
# WP VERSION : 5.0
# PERMALINK STRUCTURE : /%postname%/
# PHP Version: 7.0.32
# MySQL Version: 5.6.39-log
# Web Server Info: Apache
(I have 24 plugins too, not all are active, but don’t know how it could be related)
- This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by danyboyy.
I’m also having the same issue!
I know I edited it somewhere when I first installed a year ago or so. I emailed helpdesk and was told the setting was found in customizer > Main Body Design > Post List Design and Content. But it’s not.
Note: I have Static Page “Home” set as front page and on that page, I’m using “Content Views” plugin to display a specific mix of category posts.
Example: I’m trying to edit the words “AFRICA ACCESS REVIEWS” here: http://africaaccessreview.org/
I fixed it!
As I said… I was using a static front page “HOME” as my front page. On that page, I was using a plugin to display a specific list of posts by their category.
After seeing this support ticket, and also noticing that the theme can already do what the plugin was doing… it got me thinking.
So I changed my front page to be a List of Latest Posts — limited to my specific categories — and suddenly, my Edit Blog Title and Edit Subtitle options because visible again!
Maybe what happened was: I originally set the titles — and then made it a static page. The option to change the titles then went away but the titles remained on the page.
I’m glad you solved your problel. Thanks for the feedback. Your explanations helped me isolate a bug.
This will be fixed in the next release.
Thanks for the fix but there still is a problem.
I changed it back to Static Front Page and now it’s ignoring what I have in the Customizer. It’s using what I used to have in there before — the word “reviewS” — when I want to change it to “review”.
Nothing I do seems to clear it out.
@cozbaldwin can you paste your system infos please ?
You’ll find them in your WP admin > appearance > themes > about hueman.
# THEME | VERSION : Hueman | v3.4.14
# WP VERSION : 5.0.3
# PERMALINK STRUCTURE : /%year%/%monthnum%/%postname%/
# 32 ACTIVE PLUGINS :
– Akismet Anti-Spam (version 4.1.1)
– Book Review (version 2.3.9)
– CMS Tree Page View (version 1.6)
– CoBlocks (version 1.9.2)
– Column Shortcodes (version 1.0)
– Comment Rating Field Plugin (version 3.5.2)
– Contact Form 7 (version 5.1.1)
– Content Views (version 126.96.36.199)
– Custom Meta Widget (version 1.5.1)
– Duplicate Page (version 3.2)
– Google Analytics (version 2.1.5)
– Gutenberg Ramp (version 1.1.0)
– Hueman Addons (version 2.2.4)
– Insert HTML Snippet (version 1.2.5)
– Jetpack by WordPress.com (version 7.0.1)
– List Pages Shortcode (version 1.7.4)
– My Custom Functions (version 4.32)
– Post Content Shortcodes (version 188.8.131.52)
– Post Expirator (version 184.108.40.206)
– Raw HTML Snippets (version 1.1.3)
– Redirection (version 3.7.3)
– Register Plus Redux (version 4.2.4)
– Simple Custom CSS (version 4.0.1)
– TinyMCE Advanced (version 5.0.1)
– Use Google Libraries (version 220.127.116.11)
– Widget Importer & Exporter (version 1.5.5)
– Widget Logic (version 5.9.0)
– WP Gallery Custom Links (version 1.12)
– WP Google Maps (version 7.11.05)
– WP Google Maps – Gold Add-on (version 4.10)
– WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on (version 6.37)
– WP Mail SMTP (version 1.4.1)
# PHP Version: 5.6.30
# MySQL Version: 5.0.83-community
# Web Server Info: Apache
# WordPress Memory Limit: 40MB
# PHP Memory Limit: 256M
# PHP Upload Max Size: 60M
# PHP Post Max Size: 25M
# PHP Upload Max Filesize:60M
# PHP Time Limit: 30
# PHP Max Input Vars: 1000
# PHP Arg Separator: &
# PHP Allow URL File Open:No
# WP_DEBUG: Disabled
# Show On Front: page
# Page On Front: Home(#691)
# Page For Posts: (#0)
- This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by cozbaldwin.
The subheading can be set for any page when editing the page. I realized that it was not clearly documented.
I’ve published a new documentation page about this : https://docs.presscustomizr.com/article/382-how-to-set-a-custom-subheading-for-your-pages-in-the-hueman-theme
Thanks for your help!
WOW! Thanks @nikeo! I would have never thought to look there. Thanks a lot.
- The topic ‘Blog Heading and Sub Heading Unable to Customize’ is closed to new replies.