Blocked IPs Can’t Be Unblocked via Admin
One of my client sites experienced an issue today where one user on a corporate IP address used a mistyped username to log in.
The Instantly Lockout Invalid Usernames setting immediately locked him out, as well as everyone else on that IP range who tried to log in. I was notified about the lockout and went in to unlock the IP range, but the mechanism didn’t work. The confirmation modal came up after I clicked “Unlock” on the row and a success message appeared on the page, but the list didn’t change.
Another user tried the Unlock button from the login screen, but the url didn’t work.
I tested a few things on the staging version of the site and experienced the same issues. Turning off Login Lockdown entirely didn’t fix the issue. Neither did turning off all security settings through the dashboard. Disabling the plugin worked, but was not an option. The issue still presented itself when I re-enabled the plugin.
I ended up having to delete the relevant row from the lockdown database table. I have now disabled the Lockdown feature, but I would like to have it back and functional again. We are up to date with the latest version of the plugin.
- The topic ‘Blocked IPs Can’t Be Unblocked via Admin’ is closed to new replies.